Starting on Monday the 30th November we have an exciting week lined up at EMC in Sydney with a bunch of activities. We will have Jonas Rosland and Matt Cowger visiting from the US to drive a week of great discussion around DevOps, 3rd platform and all things cloud native.
If you feel line joining us, here are three activities that are taking place.
- Tuesday the 1st December at 6:00pm we will be sponsoring a Docker meetup. Venue is at iCentral (the start society) in Sydney CBD. Register here.
- On Wednesday 2nd December you can eat DevOps for breakfast – this is a customer focussed breakfast session at the Sofitel Wentworth hotel from 7:30. Contact EMC for an invite.
- If you feel like a beer and a laugh, on Thursday 3rd December at 4pm we will be recording a pubcast at the Glenmore hotel in Sydney and we need an audience. Register here: DevOps Pubcast
It will be an interesting and action packed week.
Lately I have been getting into a series of podcasts that would highly recommend. They are awesome for flights, long trips etc and give some great perspectives on the tech industry. Here are my top 3 picks:
1) the hot aisle – some colleagues at EMC in the US run this podcast. It’s a fun look at EMC and other enterprise technologies. http://www.inthedc.com/wp/
2) speaking in tech – a fun podcast that has a very open look at all sorts of rumours, technologies and news. http://speakingintech.com
3) the cloudcast – a more serious look at the world of enterprise technology. http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-cloudcast-net-weekly-cloud-computing-podcast
Of course there are also our Australian podcasts that a few of us at EMC have been creating:
– the 4th wave: Danny and Ryan have built this audio podcast to discuss future IT topics and trends. http://thefourthwave.libsyn.com/
– TechBasement: Dean and I built this video podcast to interview special guests and record demos. http://TechBasement.podbean.com
A good way to find these in addition to the links is by searching and following them on iTunes. Happy podding.